Sunday, December 27, 2015

Waiting for D-Day

The last week I have felt like we are sitting in a boat in the English Channel waiting for D-Day.  The second week of our mission we spent the first two days learning the mission management system.  I was real impressed in its scope and how well it works.  It's kind of like the programs we used at Zions except it is easy to use and works.  I got to know more of the missionaries and had some real good experiences.  On  Sunday night we had a fireside from the director of the MTC.  He talked about doing our duty from Exodus when Moses held up his arms when the Israelites were at battle.  It was real good.  




We then drove to Cedar City to spend two days with Renee's dad.  He was in good spirits and it was real good to see him once more.  We have been in SLC since Christmas Eve with Stephanie.  We had a wonderful Christmas with them that included "lego nation" and a train set.  How could it be better.  We have had so much fun with the grand kids including  a snowball fight in the new snow and a nice manicure for Renee from her granddaughters. 


We also got to say good bye to my sister, Kristine and my brother, Dave and Renee's sister Angela.  Family is a big deal.  I am so grateful that our families are joined together forever.  I am certain that this is true.

Tomorrow we head to Uruguay.  We board the plane at 8:30 A. M. and arrive in Montevideo, Uruguay at 10:30 A. M. on Tues.  I expect a long ride.  I want to close by saying that I know that this is  the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is our Savior.  He suffered and died for us so that we can live on this earth and return to Him.  I am excited to get to Uruguay and get in the game.  We love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments positive! Gordon and Renee are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This blog is meant to be a fun way for them to communicate with their friends and neighbors back home.